Monday, August 15, 2011

...my favourite time of day

For most of July, I was getting up earlier than I had for the past year and making the drive across the city to take a university course.

And almost every day, this was my view....


Driving across the city at 7:30 in the morning is a completely different experience than driving across the city even two hours later.  Most people driving at that time in the morning are doing so with a bit more purpose; trying to get to work or an appointment on time, so traffic moves...which I love. 

But the best part is really just the air.  It's cleaner and clearer that early in the morning than later on in the day.  I'm not sure if it is the temperature or the lack of traffic or something else.  But it's really calming, even when you're making a 45 minute drive (possibly on very little sleep).

Now that the course is done, I've gotten in the typical summer habit of staying up later and sleeping a good portion of the morning away.  And part of me misses those clear early morning drives.


No comments:

Post a Comment