Thursday, August 18, 2011

...the best Mexican restaurant within three hours of this city

Paradiso in Grand Forks.

Two weeks ago, I sent a text to a friend of mine and asked if she wanted to go for lunch the following week.  She said sure, then asked where. 

My response?  "Grand Forks"

Now, she's pretty easy going, and also on vacation, so she was completely game.  And we proceeded to plan a bit of a shopping day, based solely around a fantastic lunch at Paradiso. 

Don't mind the bite of food already missing....I couldn't wait.


I order the Taco Grande.  It's one of the most basic items on the menu; a ground beef taco with rice, about a pound of cheese, and some lettuce and sour cream on the side.  I've yet to actually finish the whole thing, and it's only $7 (I'm not going to get into the serving size vs price discussion....but come on). 

The shopping that day was pretty good as well.  I found a piece of metal wall art that I first saw in Edmonton months and months ago (but couldn't bring home at the time) and some great deals on back to school stuff.  But really.....the food was totally worth the drive down alone.



No comments:

Post a Comment