Wednesday, March 16, 2011

...some randomness

Things I've been thinking about this week:

- I love art/prints that involve words.  I'm a big fan of words and an even bigger fan of a great, thought-provoking quote.  I've decided that a portion of one of the walls in my office will be filled with art with words.  I've already purchased a mini bus roll from Kal, as well as this great print from Elise (plus one other small one from her shop), and I just have to decide where I'm going to order a "Keep Calm and Carry On" poster from.  I can't wait for them to get here so they can be framed and get up on the wall above my computer.

- I'm going to see one of my best friends in a little under two weeks.  She lives in Edmonton, and I've never been.  So I'm making a list of the things I want to check out while I'm there.  This includes restaurants...they're a big deal to me now.

- I have a tentative plan to go to Minneapolis over May long weekend.  Again, I've never been there, but have wanted to go for years.  The plan is tentative right now because although I've booked the day off work to make it a four-day weekend, my travel buddy has not gotten the okay yet.  Fingers crossed on that one, because I want to see this and this.

- A vegetable steamer can change your life.  I've gone from eating total crap for dinner on lazy days, to spending five minutes chopping up vegetables and walking away for 20 minutes, only to come back to a hot, healthy, yummy meal.  Amazing.

- “Don't say you don't have enough time. You have exactly the same number of hours per day that were given to Helen Keller, Pasteur, Michaelangelo, Mother Teresa, Leonardo da Vinci, Thomas Jefferson, and Albert Einstein.”

- I really want to buy a laptop.  I've been scoping them out for awhile now.  I don't know a ton about them though, so I need some advice before I buy.  Which means I need to find someone who knows about laptops.

- I'm loving zip.  About a week ago, I watched The Comeback, and the first two discs from season one of Big Love arrived yesterday.  I have the 3 disc deal, and I love that there's always something laying around to watch and that I never quite know which movies/tv show will be coming next from the massive list of options that I chose.

- I'm choosing to believe that when things feel like they are really hard, that means that eventually, they have to feel easier.  

- I am in awe of Tara Donovan and her art and the displays that she makes out of straws, pencils, toothpicks, and paper plates...and the fact that from a distance, you would never recognize the materials that make up the bigger piece.  There's some sort of lesson in there....

No comments:

Post a Comment